iScholars was built on the vision that every Virginia Tech student should be able to transform data into actionable information, explain their work in a broader societal context, communicate effectively, and know how to build and work effectively in strong teams.
The iScholars program was designed to achieve this vision by supporting a cohort of students from diverse majors in a hollistic experience that provides:
- articulate the environmental and internal forces that influence organizations
- identify the key skills for success in the professional workplace
- define and model characteristics and practices of a successful innovator and intrapreneur
- articulate personal and professional goals for the iScholars summer experience
- function well as a learning cohort primed to support each other through the summer
- make Virginia Tech proud as iScholars working for our corporate partners in the NCR or elsewhere