Our program and companies are focused on you, the student. We recruit excellent sophomores and juniors at the end of the Spring semester and beginning of Fall semester. After an application and interview process, selected students will join the iScholars community and participate in the Fall on-boarding course. The course includes meeting and learning from employer partners about the Intrapreneurial Process, homework and mentoring to help you get an excellent internships, and a semester team project solving a problem for one of our partner companies allowing you to get real world experience to add to your resume and talk about in interviews. the company you do your project with might be impressed with you and proactively recruit you for their team. iScholars are NOT guaranteed an internship, however they are given opportunities to have their resume seen by all partner companies, network with companies, and gain the necessary skills to succeed in the new innovation-based economy. We will do everything in our power to help you find the internship you're dreaming of. New iScholars will have the ability to learn and be mentored by past iScholars’ and network with like minded individuals. Here is a list of a few benefits you can expect:
- Develop problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Learn best practices in resume writing, interview skills, and professionalism.
- Help increase your employability and overall skill development and make connections with professional at our partner companies.
- Live and Work in the National Capital Region.
- Have the option to live in WeLive in Crystal City (www.welive.com) surrounded by fellow entrepreneurial-minded individuals.
- Participate in a one-credit course (Fall) teaching you how to get an internship and how to be an intrapreneur.
- Build a network with students and professional innovators in the program to share ideas and experiences.